What is dry brushing?
Dry brushing got its start in Ayurvedic medicine, a holistic healing system that’s been practiced in India for over 3,000 years. Today, dry brushing is a popular way to manually exfoliate the skin and promote lymphatic drainage. Our dry brushes are made from natural plant fiber materials medium texture bristles. For more pressure, press firmly on brush!
Stimulates lymphatic drainage – Dry brushing is a form of manual massage, and manual massage can help move lymph fluid through the body. Lymph drainage helps reduce swelling, supports relaxation, and can help the body boost its healing response. Just make sure to drink a lot of water after you dry brush because the body flushes lymph fluid via urination.
Exfoliates dead skin cells – Dead skin creates a dull appearance and rough texture on your body. Dry brushing is a potent physical exfoliator that sloughs off dead cells, leaving you with soft, radiant skin that looks and feels wonderful.
How to dry brush?
1. Brush your lower body – Start with upward strokes from your feet and go around each calf, thigh, your butt, lower back, and your stomach. Pay special attention to your upper thighs because there are lymph nodes in that area.
2. Brush your upper body – Brush in upward strokes from your hands to your shoulders, working from the backs of your hands and around your forearms to your biceps. Spend extra time on the lymph nodes in your upper arms, and try to brush your upper back where you can reach. But don’t worry if you miss a few spots!
3. Brush your neck and decolletage – Working in downward strokes with gentle pressure, start from your neck and move toward your upper chest. Finish your routine by brushing in circular motions over your heart.
4. Shower- Shower as usual to rinse away the dead skin cells you sloughed off. Use a gentle natural body wash or baobab soap and be mindful of using any loofahs or body scrubs after you dry brush — too much exfoliation could irritate your skin.
5. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize – Proper moisturization is important after you dry brush. Your skin will be primed for product absorption so choose a nutrient-rich Skintimacy shea butters or Baobab face & body oil to replenish and nourish your skin.